Group Booking Information, Terms and Conditions.
We will do our utmost to seat your group in your requested area, however we are unable to guarantee this.
Please ensure you advise us if you are celebrating a special occasion, or if you have a post-dining engagement to attend and thus have specific timings you would like us to adhere to.
For parties of 2-9 guests you may select from one of our set menus. We welcome all parties to order from a set menu for ease and speed of service. A deposit is required.
Moorish Blue requires all parties of 10+ more to pre-select from one of our set menu selections.
You are welcome to select additional favourite dishes from the a la carte menu to be added to your function service.
Please notify us of particular special requests prior to your party date, including children’s meals and cakes (cake-age is payable at Moorish Blue). Please note as we operate and prepare food in a commercial kitchen, we cannot guarantee against allergic reactions.
Deposits / Accounts
For groups of 10+ or more guests, a $10.00 per person holding deposit is required per person to confirm your booking.
- All bills must be settled in full upon conclusion of the reservation.
- The deposit will be deducted from your final food bill. (The deposit is the minimum that must be spent on the menu per person). Should an individual not show the deposit is charged as a no-show fee. A no-show fee cannot be used as any credit.
- Please note we do not split bills (one bill per table); however they do come fully itemised.
- Credit card, Eftpos or cash will be accepted for payment on the night (no cheques or EFT).
- For 'special' dates or events you may be required to pay the entire menu/package price in advance (like a ticketed event.)
Beverage Service Options
As wine vintages are limited and to assist with the ease and speed of service for your group booking we request you pre-order your beverage selection. You are welcome to order a specific number of bottles of wine choice to be served to your table.
- Full table/bar service
- Your beverage service can be completely pre-arranged. Let us know what you would like to have served on arrival and we can have this ready for you, no waiting.
Service charge: A 10% service charge applies to food and beverage total for groups of 10+ (gratuity for the staff).
Moorish Blue is family friendly. Please let us know if there are minors within your group. We are a fully licensed venue operating in accordance with the principles of Responsible Service of Alcohol Laws, which are Law in NSW/QLD.
- Photo Proof of Age Identification will be required for entry. Patrons may be asked to show legal proof of age at any time.
- Please note minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times and may not be seated at the bar.
- The parent or legal guardian is responsible for ensuring that no alcohol is consumed by or bought for the minor.
- We require minors to depart premises by 10.00pm (22:00).
- In accordance with liquor licensing law, the manager on duty is authorised to determine if a person is a responsible adult.
- All minors in attendance at Moorish Blue may be required to wear identification (i.e. coloured wristbands or a t-shirt) to differentiate them within a group of people on licensed premises.
If a booking is cancelled, the deposit will be issued as a gift voucher or can be used for an alternate booking date. Deposits are not refundable. Moorish Blue will retain the deposit as the ‘cancellation fee’ if less than the below required hours notice is given.
02 January to 31 October Minimum 48 hours (2) days cancellation notice (or deposit is lost). 01 November to 01 January Minimum 72 hours (3) days cancellation notice (or deposit is lost).
Special Dates/Events - (NYE, Australia Day, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Anzac Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Melbourne Cup, Christmas) Minimum five (5) days cancellation notice or deposit (ticketed/ set menu/ package) price is lost.
Groups of 20+: 02 January to 31 October Minimum 7 days (1 week) cancellation notice (or deposit is lost). 01 November to 01 January Minimum 14 days (2weeks) cancellation notice (or deposit is lost).
Responsible Service of Alcohol
Moorish Blue actively promotes a Responsible Service of Alcohol. House policy prohibits us from supplying alcohol to an intoxicated patron. Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter Moorish Blue. Service of alcohol is at the discretion of the bar attendants, management and security. We reserve the right to refuse service and remove any person from the Moorish Blue premises if the manager believes the person is intoxicated or is behaving in a violent, quarrelsome or disorderly manner or is smoking outside of designated areas.
Moorish Blue Management reserves the right to:
- Grant or refuse entry;
- End the reservation at any time; and
- Extend the hours of the reservation.
By paying the deposit, you personally agree to be responsible for this reservation; including any costs associated with the deposit, consumption/cash bar that are incurred during the above reservation, in addition to any previously agreed beverage arrangements and/or to reach the minimum spend as stated if and as required. By paying the $10.00 per person booking deposit, you understand, accept and agree to adhere to the policies, details and Terms and Conditions outlined in this document.